Pre-conference workshop at ISCHE 43 Milan: CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Theme: Challenging Stagnant Hope: Educational Ecology, Public History and University-Community Engagement in the History of Education.
PLEASE SEE DETAILS IN THE PROGRAMME BELOW
The number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 20, convenors not included. If you wish to participate, please send an email to Angelo Van Gorp (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 30 at the latest. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served base.
Call for Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals
The ISCHE Executive Committee invites proposals for pre-conference workshops to be held on August 30th 2022. Since 2013, members of ISCHE have organized half-day pre-conference workshops to initiate collective discussions about a specific topic that debate critical issues, methods or theories emerging in our field. The workshops are limited in terms of participants but open to the attendees of the main ISCHE conference. Pre-conference workshops may include some invited speakers and presenters but must also include a public call for submissions. We strongly encourage diversity and dialogue across cultures, languages and disciplines, and ask convenors to reflect these aims in their geographical and linguistic scope. Both the convenors and all participants in pre-conference workshops are required to register for the main ISCHE conference. Participation in a pre-conference workshop will require advance registration via the general conference registration system and the overall number of participants may be limited.
A proposal for a pre-conference workshop should include the following:
- The names and contact details of the convenors
- One page argument stating the intellectual objectives and added value of the pre-conference workshop including how it is related to ISCHE goals
- Evidence that the workshop’s objectives do not overlap with existing Standing Working Groups (SWGs)
- List of potential contributors to such a workshop that demonstrates geographical diversity (at least three countries)
- Indication of the time-frame required for the workshop (e.g. 3 hours, 5 hours)
The request for a pre-conference workshop -to be held on August 30, 2022 at ISCHE 43 in Milan, Italy – should be submitted to the Executive Committee by January 31, 2022 at email@example.com. Together with the local organizing committee, the Executive Committee will decide whether to authorize the pre-conference. The number of such pre-conference workshops depends on the local organizing committee’s ability to provide facilities.
- January 31, 2022: Submissions for Pre-Conference Workshops
- April 30, 2022: Pre-Conference Workshop Schedules Established
Please see the programme here